St George-Illawarra Dragons have been boosted with the re-signing of prop Blake Lawrie through to the end of the 2026 season.
“We’re building something nice this year and there was no other choice in my mind but to stay at the Dragons,” the 26-year-old said after inking his new long-term deal.
Since making his debut in 2017, Lawrie has established himself as a key player in the club’s forward pack, featuring in 20 or more matches in the past four seasons while averaging over 100 running metres.
MORE: David Fifita’s future still up in the air on the Gold Coast as major decision looms
“Blake’s a local junior who’s been with us since 2012,” St George’s General Manager of Football, Ben Haran, said.
“He’s a great example of hard work and commitment. He really demonstrates what we want to see in a Dragon.
“We feel the next three years ahead of him will be his best years yet and we’re excited to see where he’ll go and where he can take the club.”
Blocka locked in until ‘26 🔒
— St George Illawarra Dragons (@NRL_Dragons) January 24, 2023
Despite Anthony Griffin’s men enduring another disappointing season in 2022, Lawrie elevated his reputation in the engine room with a number of eye-catching displays.
The front-rower even managed to notch his first ever four-pointer after 91 matches in the NRL when he crashed over beside the posts against Canterbury to seal a 34-24 win.
Lawrie has played 103 games in the Red V so far and was adamant there would be plenty more to come during an exciting upcoming period for the club that he wanted to remain a part of.
“It’s a great outcome for myself and my family,” he said.
“I grew up in the area, this means a lot to me so it’s very exciting news and there’s exciting times ahead.”